The Benefits of Non-Surgical Treatments
Not so long ago, plastic surgery was the only meaningful way to address pronounced aesthetic imperfections. Nowadays, thanks to groundbreaking technological advancements, there is a vast array of non-invasive, non-surgical treatment options to correct anything from a crooked nose to crow’s-feet; sagging skin to sunken hollows. The Yale-trained Dr. Alexander Rivkin, who practices at Los Angeles’ esteemed Westside Aesthetics, is one of the industry’s leading experts in non-surgical treatments and he has pioneered several procedures that are now being taught to physicians across the country.
The advantages of a non-surgical treatment
- There is far less risk associated with non-surgical treatments both in terms of allergic reactions and undesirable outcomes. In addition to plastic surgery’s inherent risk of permanent disfigurement, these invasive procedures often require the use of general anesthesia, which greatly increases the possibility of complications.
- There is little to no downtime associated with a non-surgical procedure. After a short treatment, the average patient returns to their daily activities either the same day or the next day. This makes non-surgical treatments more suitable for individuals with demanding jobs, small children, or the inability to take time off.
- A non-surgical procedure is more cost-effective. A surgical procedure always entails a higher bill since the treatment itself takes longer – oftentimes several hours of a surgeon’s expensive time. There can also be added costs such as outpatient treatment, anesthesiologist’s fees, prescription medications, and follow-up appointments.
- In some cases, non-surgical treatments can even be reversible. Certain fillers, such as Restylane, are composed of compounds that can be dissolved with an additional injection of hyaluronidase. The body will then naturally metabolize the filler, reversing its effects after just one day if you’re unsatisfied with your results.
Non-surgical procedures performed at Westside Aesthetics
- Non-Surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty)
- Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty
- Non-Surgical Chin Enhancement
- Non-Surgical Cheek Enhancement
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Non-Surgical Brow Lift
Dr. Rivkin is highly trained in the art of using dermal fillers to correct and improve the appearance and he is able to achieve long-lasting, natural looking results similar to those of a surgical procedure. In many of these procedures, several injectables may be combined for a more dramatic reversal of aesthetic concerns. For example, Restylane and Radiesse can be used synergistically to add volume to sunken hollows for an uplifted effect. Similarly, Botox can be used in conjunction with a hyaluronic acid filler to reduce the appearance of deeply-etched wrinkles while preventing the onset of new expression lines.
About Westside Aesthetics and Dr. Rivkin
At the forefront of non-invasive cosmetic treatments, Dr. Rivkin has successfully treated thousands of patients in the greater Los Angeles area and he has been handpicked to participate in several clinical studies corroborating the efficacy of new technologies. Dr. Rivkin and his accredited staff at Westside Aesthetics provide a complementary initial consultation where they take time to understand your individual goals and medical history to determine the most appropriate procedure for your needs. Call us today at (310) 443-5273 to set up an appointment or fill out our contact form.