Please be advised of the following:
- Avoid tanning and minimize sun exposure for 3 weeks before procedure. Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher daily.
- For patients with a history of melasma or hyperpigmentation, use hydroquinone (bleaching cream) 2 weeks prior to procedure and discontinue 2 days prior to procedure.
- Start Sinecch the day before the procedure to help reduce swelling and healing time.
- The day before the procedure, start Valtrex, 1000 mg. 2 times a day and continue for 6 days after procedure. Prescription may be written in office or called in to your local pharmacy.
- Please allow at least 2 hours for your appointment if we are treating face and allow 30 additional minutes for Deep FX or each additional area. There will be 1 hour of numbing before the treatment begins.
- We provide for validated parking in the lot above Whole Foods (enter on Weyburn).
- We will provide a kit that includes; sunscreen, cleanser, moisturizer, occlusive dressing (petroleum based), and an eye serum.
- Please note that if scheduled areas for treatment include chest, neck, or hands, the associated down-time (redness, tenderness, swelling) will be longer. Count on at least 1 week more of redness and about 2 to 3 days increase in discomfort and swelling.
- Stainless steel ocular shields are inserted for safety measures when the area around the eyes is treated. Please remove contact lenses prior to your arrival.
Things to have on hand on the day of your procedure:
- Sinecch or Arnica, Mangosteen – to relieve bruising and swelling
- Systane- Lubricant for the eyes
- Benadryl – oral antihistamine
- Valtrex, Keflex and Diflucan (Diflucan only for patients receiving Deep FX)
- White Vinegar
- Extra pillow, towels, sheets and wash cloths/hand towels
- Tylenol and Advil
- Mineral Make-Up
To learn more about Dr. Rivkin’s Active Fx laser skin treatment or to schedule a free consultation in the Los Angeles area,contact us by phone or email today.