Surgical Rhinopasty vs. Non- Surgical Nose Job
Is a non-surgical nose job right for you?
Have you ever thought about evening out that bump on your nose so that you feel better about how you look in profile? Has the thought of surgery deterred you from making a desired change to that crooked bit in your most prominent facial feature?
Dr. Alexander Rivkin, M.D., a cosmetic surgeon, clinical researcher and educator, understands. That’s why he has dedicated his career to developing cutting-edge, non-invasive alternatives to common plastic surgery procedures. In 2004, he invented a breakthrough approach to traditional rhinoplasty. Commonly known as the “non-surgical nose job,” this popular procedure is ideal for those who want to feel more confident in their appearance, but are understandably reluctant to undergo surgery.
The process is simple. After the application of a topical numbing cream, a small amount of safe, reliable dermal filler (Radiesse or Voluma) is injected into depressed areas of the nose. The filler is then carefully sculpted to smooth out bumps, irregularities and asymmetries. The result is a subtly re-contoured nose that looks amazingly natural. Since pioneering the technique, Dr. Rivkin has performed “non-surgical nose job” on countless patients. And through his tireless training efforts, he has shared his expertise with other doctors and set procedural standards, making the treatment widely and safely available. Like any medical procedure, the non-surgical nose job has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Fast. Also referred to as the “15-minute Nose Job,” this revolutionary procedure is fast and painless, taking only 15-30 minutes to perform.
- Control over the outcome. During the procedure, patients can monitor the progress in the mirror and offer feedback.
- Noticeable, immediate results. The procedure does not usually cause bruising or swelling, allowing patients to leave their appointment relaxed and self-assured.
- No long, painful recovery. Unlike traditional rhinoplasty, the non-surgical nose job does not require downtime or post-operative follow-up visits.
- Low risk. There are fewer risks of the complications associated with surgery.
- Affordable. Because it is simple and quick, it is a fraction of the cost of a regular nose job.
- Reversible. The filler can be dissolved at any time with a simple enzyme injection.
- Not permanent. The results with Voluma, Dr. Rivkin’s current preferred dermal filler, last about 2 years, after which the the substance naturally breaks down. If you are seeking a permanent result, Dr. Rivkin also offers treatment with an alternative FDA-approved filler (Artefill). Unlike other temporary fillers, Artefill requires a collagen test prior to use.
- Cannot alleviate functional problems. The non-surgical nose job is a cosmetic treatment and cannot correct internal problems such as respiratory impediments. For such conditions, surgery is needed.
- Reactions to dermal fillers. Although rare, some people may have adverse reactions to dermal fillers.
Given all the advantages and the low risk of a non-surgical nose job compared to traditional rhinoplasty, it is easy to see why it has been featured in the media and touted as a wonder treatment. As the first doctor in the country to offer the “injection rhinoplasty,” Dr. Rivkin is the international expert in non-surgical nose jobs and is not only up-to-date on the latest advancements, but is also on the forefront of research and development. He will work closely with you to get the desired result, recommending a personalized solution that is appropriate for your skin and body type.